Are you the kind of person that gazes lovingly at your fabric stash? Do you find yourself flush with excitement when you find a thread color that’s a perfect match? If you also take a level of pride in your button and label collections that others (non-sewers, of course!) find bordering on peculiar, then do we have the opportunity for you!
Style Maker Fabrics is currently looking for a part-time team member to assist with order fulfillment at our Stanwood, Washington location. This position has hours primarily during the weekdays, with occasional weekend shifts, roughly 15 to 20 hours per week, and experience with fabric and/or order fulfillment is a definite plus.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with fulfilling online orders
- Cut/fold fabrics and gather notions, patterns, etc for orders
- Match threads and buttons to purchased fabrics
- Check orders for accuracy
- Pack and prepare orders for shipment
- Determine postage and print labels
- Contact customers for order clarification if necessary
- Assist customers that come to shop on-site (during retreats or by appt)
- Work on other projects around the shop as time allows
What you’ll need:
- Attention to detail
- Efficiency and accuracy
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for a full shift (with breaks)
- Computer proficiency—Experience with web-based apps is a plus!
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The capability to work independently
What you’ll get:
- Competitive hourly wage of $18/hour or depending on experience
- A generous employee discount
- Be part of a small team of fellow fabric lovers!
- The pure joy of being around fabric all day!
To Apply—Email us a copy of your resume, and a short cover letter telling us about yourself, to firstname.lastname@example.org