Are you the kind of person that gazes lovingly at your fabric stash? Do you find yourself flush with excitement when you find a thread color that’s a perfect match? If you also take a level of pride in your button and label collections that others (non-sewers, of course!) find bordering on peculiar, then do we have the opportunity for you!
Style Maker Fabrics is currently looking for a passionate team member to assist with running their warehouse in our Stanwood, Washington location. This part-time position has hours primarily during the weekdays, with occasional weekend shifts, roughly 20 to 30 hours per week, and experience with fabric and/or order fulfillment is a definite plus.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with fulfilling online orders
- Cut/fold fabrics and gather notions, patterns, etc for orders
- Match threads and buttons to purchased fabrics
- Check orders for accuracy
- Pack and prepare orders for shipment
- Determine postage and print labels
- Contact customers for order clarification if necessary
- Assist customers that come to shop on-site (during retreats or by appt)
- Assist with running occasion on-site sewing retreats
- Assist with maintaining our shop/warehouse space
- Merchandising fabrics and other products
- Organization and Cleaning
- Checking in and stocking notions and other shipments
- Manage shop independently when other team members are away
- Take on other responsibilities around the shop or contribute to other projects based on interests and time
What you’ll need:
- Attention to detail
- Speed, efficiency and accuracy
- Computer proficiency—Experience with web-based apps is a plus!
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The capability to work independently and manage time appropriately
- The ability to lift up to 30 pounds and stand for a full shift (with breaks)
What you’ll get:
- Competitive hourly wage of $20/hour or DOE
- Flexible hours
- A generous employee discount
- After a 6 mo trial period, paid time-off and optional 401k with match
- Be part of a small team of fellow fabric lovers!
- The pure joy of being around fabric all day!
- This position could grow into a full time position depending on interest and growth with the business.
To Apply—Email us a copy of your resume, and a short note telling us about yourself, to email@example.com