RETREAT IS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT—Sign up HERE to be on the waitlist.
Join us as we get ready to kick off a new season! Get the first look at our Spring Collection, jump start your sewing plans and enjoy a weekend stay at our new retreat center, Makers Hideaway.
Gather with nine other sewists for a weekend full of sewing, creativity and camaraderie. Take part in a combination of organized activities and free sewing time and let us take care of all the cooking and cleaning! And yes, the shop will be open, Saturday and Sunday afternoons, with all of the new fabrics to check out!
Retreat Dates: Friday, March 13th thru Sunday, March 15th, 2020
Location: Makers Hideaway retreat center, Stanwood, Washington
- Roughly one hour North of Seattle.
- Fifteen minutes from Smokey Point (I-5 exit 206)
- Convenient from Stanwood or Everett train stations or Everett's Paine Field Airport (PAE). There is also a local shuttle from SeaTac Airport (SEA) if needed.
- 2 Nights Accommodations at Makers Hideaway + All Meals, Beverages, and Snacks
- Welcome Gift Bag
- Compass Bag Pattern + Complete Supply Kit
- $50 Gift Certificate for the Shop
- Spring Preview | Be the first to see and feel all of the new fabrics in our Spring Collection. Think Inside the Hem's swatch videos comes to life! We'll gather together to talk about the latest trends coming this spring, discuss the different fabric types and uses, brainstorm pattern ideas and start planning our spring wardrobes. We'll also recommend a few of our favorite resources to help with all your sewing plans.
- Indie Pattern Trunk Show | Get a closer look at some of our favorite patterns for spring. See how they look in different fabrics, learn more about their construction and why we love them.
Spring Bag Making | Create the perfect accessory for your spring wardrobe. We'll provide all the supplies to create Noodlehead's Compass Bag and give you some of our favorite bag making tips to help ensure success every time!
- Open Sew | Enjoy free rein in the Maker Space at the Hideaway and get a head start on your spring makes. With lots of room for cuttings, sewing and planning, enjoy time to sew, totally uninterrupted! No cooking, cleaning, errands, or kids!
|Friday (3/13)||Saturday (3/14)||Sunday (3/15)|
|After 2 pm | Check-In and Get Settled
||7 to 9 am | Continental Breakfast||7 to 9 am | Continental Breakfast|
|5 pm | Happy Hour + Introductions||10 am | Spring Collection Preview + Wardrobe Planning||10 am | Bag Construction|
|6 pm | Dinner||12 pm | Lunch||12 pm | Lunch|
|Rest of the Evening | Open Sew||1 pm | Indie Pattern Truck Show||All Afternoon | Shop is Open + Open Sew|
|2 pm | Intro to Bag Making||3 to 4 pm | Check Out|
|All Afternoon | Shop is Open + Open Sew|
|6 pm | Dinner|
|Rest of the Evening | Open Sew|
Other Info: Have any dietary restrictions? Want to room with a friend? Interested in renting a sewing machine? Need transportation from a local train station or airport? We'll do our best to help meet all of your needs. We'll be in contact with each attendee in the weeks leading up to the event to make sure everything is in place for a worry-free and relaxing escape!